Monday, January 19, 2009

What's Up Doc?

I had my 32 week appointment today. I didn't gain over the last 3 weeks! Whoo HOo. That's a blessing.

I talked to the Doctor about all my irrational (and some rational) fears as we near delivery. I delivered Graham 2 weeks from now. I'm concerned about a rapid delivery that will end at home or in the car. I'm concerned about a huge baby that I won't be able to deliver and will end up with a c-section. I'm worried she'll come too early and I'll have another NICU baby. It's endless and the closer we get the more consuming it is.

Dr. Sheridan was very comforting. He said she's around 4lbs now and he'd guess she be in the 8-81/2lb range at term. That seems do-able. He promised to keep a close on us both over the coming weeks. He put me on limited activity. I'm supposed to rest as much as possible. I'm okay with that! I have another appt with a sonogram in 2 weeks and then it's every week until she's born.

As I headed to the van to go home I saw we have a flat tire on the van. Not just low, pancake flat. Matt and Natasha D came to my rescue. The office staff just looked at me and said, "Do you have AAA? Oh, well hmmmm. I hope it all works out." I'm not sure what I thought they would do but I was a little more than perplexed at what a 8 month pregnant chick is supposed to do all by herself. The worst part is I had the van so Jared was unable to help. He couldn't load the kids up in his car and come help. Thankfully the Dilley's were home and came quickly.

I'm assuming walking 20 miles home wouldn't be following the "limited activity" rules.

No comments: